Terry Seguin is one of the 52 percent of journalists that use Twitter to source news. The twenty first century has had a huge impact on journalism because everything is instant, I update my status when I’m brushing my teeth but people like Terry Seguin have much more interesting twitter updates, a detail of everything going on in New Brunswick hour to hour. To me this is an advantage because we get news updates for free and whenever we want, we can even get them sent to our cell phones if we wanted too. Although that same thing might be a disadvantage for journalist because we are no longer paying for newspapers or tuning in to the news hour because, well why would we, we’ve been getting updates all day for free. Terry said that people tweet him to comment on his radio show that would be another advantage for us because we can say what we want to hear or questions we wish would have been asked, this will keep Terry busy improving on questions we want to hear. At the same time every other person gets to leave their job when the day their being paid for is over but journalists now have a commitment to their listeners to answer tweets and emails about their work.
Mr. Seguin said that he had very little training before he got the job on the radio. I think that makes sense because being a journalist would be the same as being a public speaker either you got it or you don’t. Also I feel they would need training too like every job because you would need to know certain things like what is appropriate to say on the radio, or what questions need to be asked and what you can do with people who won’t answer your questions.
Radio news would have a huge advantage over TV news because you could get every question you want and need to ask asked because there isn’t as restricting time limits. Also there isn’t editing in radio news so the audience gets to hear everything that is discussed that way we always get the truth.
Mr. Seguin said something very important about his job, that being that every morning when he wakes up he is excited to go to work. Every morning I’m excited to get up and get ready for school but not so excited to go to school. It is doing makeup that I love, that’s why I choose to take a Makeup Course next year. Mr. Seguin is a very insightful man and gave good advice with interesting stories to go with.
No comments:
Post a Comment