Thursday, March 22, 2012

sexed up kids

When we watched the CBC documentary "Sext Up Kids" I got angry, now a days there is always an opinion or a study done on everything. Little girls can't even play princess without being people saying there being "sexualized" the fact that someone even thought to use princess and sexualize in the same sentence is demented.

Also the fact that we are being provided cell phones at a much younger age was discussed. I think that it’s the parent’s job to sit down and discuss that the phone should be used for talking to friends and calling home but not for sending naked pictures around. Its only common sense it’s inevitable with technology today that there will be a few girls who give in to the temptation and get caught up in a bad situation but it’s just the time we live in. It will blow over; they made their bed and had to lay in it.

I feel that computers and televisions should be kept in open areas so that parents can monitor what’s being viewed on them until the child knows enough what is right and wrong. It is possible to make sure your child doesn't see things they shouldn't. You can block channels on satellites and block sites on the internet.

One thing on the documentary that I related to was when the girls being interviewed classified "looking good" as a feeling. When you look good you project a positive and overall happier attitude in my opinion.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=619&tbm=isch&tbnid=JRSXRRMEtI0U2M:&imgrefurl=http://www.fashionising.com/pictures/p--Diesel-Be-Stupid-4878-73610.html&docid=dKDXDBfH3OdpjM&imgurl=http://www.fashionisingpictures.net/photoshoots/DieselStupid22.jpg&w=750&h=485&ei=5GRrT9mtD8eWgwevpt2yBg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=342&sig=106688147864394290326&page=1&tbnh=107&tbnw=166&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:0&tx=111&ty=67

The above picture in my opinion is real questionable. I don't know who in their right mind would use being stupid as an advertising method. Big companies should be pushing young girls and boys to further their education as much as possible. Not go out and be stupid. I think the ads were made without thinking of the backlash it would cause, just a "stupid" mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment