Hard News
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/tens-of-thousands-of-text-messages-linked-to-accused-serial-killer/article2205888/
This is definitely a hard news story because it is about a young boy murdering 4 women, its up-to-date and reported about as events unfold. I would also consider it hard news because it’s a crime and in the example article 'Hard News vs. Soft News' crime was a criterion for hard news.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/africa-mideast/turkey-launches-incursion-into-iraq-after-26-soldiers-killed-by-kurdish-rebels/article2206051/
I would consider this a hard news article because it is about war. It doesn't play to my interest or emotions it’s a up-to-date raw article about 26 dead soldiers. War is also one of the criterions for hard news according to our example article.
Soft News
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20538051,00.html
This article in people about Dancing with the Stars latest eliminated contestant is soft news, it’s easy to read and a human interest article, I wouldn't really consider this a news article at all because really it isn't that important to anybody, other then people who watch the show.
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20537881,00.html
Kristin Smirnoff postponed her wedding to continue dancing with the stars. Very soft news considering people postpone their wedding everyday it is only really important to her fans. It's a human interest article.
No comments:
Post a Comment