http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/technology/tech-news/rim-announces-new-blackberry-operating-system/article2204860/
RIM announces new Blackberry operating system
Timing - 4/4
This was timed perfectly RIM announced the new system today and the post was also published today. That is why they received a perfect score.
Significance - 4/4
I feel like this is very significant because there are thirty million people all over the world that use blackberry’s and it is presumed that of that 30 million 1/4 are from Canada. CBC being a Canadian news site I think it’s very relevant.
Proximity - 3/4
Even though the conference was located in San Francisco it is still really relevant to everybody who had a blackberry, which covers the whole world more or less.
Prominence - 3/4
There is probably more important things going on in the world right now but I still feel that this would interest a lot of people.
Human interest - 1/4
I really don't think this appeals to anybodies emotions I didn't walk about feeling sad or happy and I don’t think anybody else would (in less they have so creepy attachment to their phone). They did get a one because I feel a sense of relief sense in the past few weeks my blackberry messenger and the network had been very finicky.
Final score: 15/20
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/career-advice/on-the-job/a-journey-through-william-shatners-50-year-career/article2203310/
William Shartners 50 year Career
Timing - 3/4
This article was timed well because they can say that he’s been in the career for over 50 years, could have been better if they did the article on a anniversary of his first job in Hollywood so they could say that he was officially in the career for 50 years.
Significance - 2/4
William Shattner is a significant person for a lot of people, but he hasn't been doing much lately sure he was on the Roast of Charlie Sheen but he hasn't been in any major movies lately or anything big.
Proximity - 4/4
This was a good choice of actors because he is a Canadian actor so what better place to write the article then CBC news, Canada’s biggest news outlet.
Prominence - 3/4
I don't really see this story as being prominent over other stories but I'm sure he has a lot of fans so a lot of people would care to read the story.
Human Interest - 4/4
I did leave the story feeling a bit touched but somebody whose movies I've never seen and whose books I've never read so it definitely tugged on the right strings.
Final Score: 16/20
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/alleged-serial-killer-charged-with-murder-of-four-bc-women/article2203718/
Alleged Serial Killer Charged With 4 Murders
Timing - 4/4
The timing was perfect Cody Legebokoff was told that he was being charged with the death of 3 other women, aside from the one he is already in jail for murdering, on the weekend and the article was published on Monday so they hit the nail right on the head.
Significance - 4/4
All though there was only 4 families affected there would be a lot of people in Prince George who were scared to go outside and travel around so everyone would be very happy to see him being served with more charges.
Proximity - 4/4
Even though this took place in Alberta it is still relevant to everyone in Canada so I think its proximity is good.
Prominence - 4/4
This is a very important article, a lot of people would care to read about a serial killer in Canada. Especially sense he is only 21 years old.
Human Interest - 1/4
They could of included more about the murders and played the heart strings of the readers because one of the women who were murdered were blind and another was only 15 years old. I didn't walk away feeling sad because they were murdered because really I heard nothing about them.
Final Score: 17/20
No comments:
Post a Comment